King’s Academy Summer Enrichment Program (SEP) teachers will:
- Foster the boarding school ethos within all aspects of campus life including in the classroom, dormitory, and during extracurricular activities.
- Act as mentors and help students adjust to the rigors of boarding school.
- Promote the international community at King’s Academy.
Commitment: Approximately June 28-July 21, 2020 (inclusive of arrival and departure days)
- Room and board (June 28-July 21, 2020)
- Post-SEP trip (July 18-20, 2020; includes an overnight stay in Wadi Rum and Aqaba). An overnight trip to Petra is included in the orientation.
- Teaching duties from 8:00 am–3:25 pm (this includes teaching five or six 40-minute lessons)
- Dormitory duties every second night throughout the two weeks of the program (this includes checking students in, managing homework time, being on call all night long and looking out for the students).
- Leading/supervising the students in preparing and presenting a performance during the graduation ceremony.
- Assisting in/with daily activity duties, including meals, sports when necessary, swimming and extracurricular activities.
Prior to travelling to Jordan for the two-week summer program, teachers will be asked to collaborate with the program’s organizers on a contribution project. Contribution projects subsidize the cost of program materials that are expensive in Jordan such as art supplies, books, school supplies and other craft materials. Teachers will be required to either raise funds or collect items, so that the supplies can be used during the program. During the interview process, the program coordinators will ask for your ideas for a potential project. This project will be approved once you have been selected.
- Applicants needs to have completed at least one year of university/college education.
- Tutoring and/or teaching experience.
- Leadership experience relevant to the program description: Prefect, proctor, camp counselor, etc.
- Experience working with children in an educational capacity.
- Lifeguard and/or CPR certification desirable.
- Ability to work in a team. Flexibility and a sense of adventure.
- Working for SEP is subject to security clearance from Jordan’s General Intelligence Department as well as verification of information and documents you have submitted about yourself, through King’s Academy’s contracted provider, Hire Right.
- In accordance with the culture and customs of the region, teachers involved in SEP will abstain from alcohol use for the duration of the program, including on any off-campus trips.
- Personal trips off campus during the two-week duration will be limited. If you wish to travel to Amman or Madaba while in Jordan, please make arrangements to do so prior to orientation and/or after the end of the SEP program. Failure to comply with these expectations will result in dismissal from the program. Also, please remember that our counselors are members of the King’s Academy junior and senior classes, and if found in the presence of alcohol, tobacco or other drugs, they will be held accountable to the school’s Disciplinary Committee.
- King’s Academy rules and regulations apply for all teachers and counselors. Upon acceptance into the program you will be asked to sign a contract.
- Application deadline: January 12, 2020
- Notification of interview via email: January 16, 2020
- Interview period (interviews will be conducted by phone or Skype): January 20-February 7, 2020
- Notification of decision: February 16, 2020
- Chosen candidates must email their intent to participate by February 23, 2020
Note: Applications received after the deadline will be reviewed on as needed basis.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Summer Enrichment Program Director
Work phone: +962 6 430 0230 ext. 1032
King’s Academy admits students of any race, color, creed, special need or national origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the Academy and does not discriminate on the basis of these differences. We celebrate the differences in background, circumstances and educational experiences of our various students and value the diverse perspectives that each contributes to the school community.
Note: Should financial assistance be needed for travel, please send email@example.com a letter (after submitting your application) explaining your need for assistance and the specific amount you will need. Please keep in mind that limited funds are available for travel assistance.