The SEP team selects 60 grade 7 students whose applications are accepted during the application period based on the following criteria:
- The student is currently enrolled in a government school or UNRWA school in Jordan (students at private schools are not eligible).
- The student must be currently in grade 7.
- The student must be in excellent academic standing.
- The student must be active and/or talented in a variety of areas.
- The student has leadership potential and is eager to learn.
- The student is highly adaptable.
- The student comes from a middle to low socioeconomic background.
- The student and family have no objection to his/her residing in the dormitories for the full program.
- The student participates in all program activities.
In the case that a student is selected, he/she must be fully vaccinated (at least two weeks should have passed since taking the second COVID-19 vaccine) before joining the program. For the safety of program participants, no one will be allowed to join the program without the second vaccine shot.
Students must comply with all COVID-19 safety protocol measures of King’s Academy which will be shared with families once students are accepted.