King’s Academy is the only school in the Middle East to host the prestigious i2 Camp. This US-based program offers students who will be entering 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th grades a series of innovative one-week courses, blending science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). The intimate hands-on activities of the courses strive to excite and inspire campers about STEM, creating enthusiasm that will spill over to their schoolwork and school choices in future years. The i2 curriculum was developed through partnerships with world class STEM organizations such as MIT, the Museum of Science in Boston and Cold Spring Harbor Laboratories. Faculty will be excellent science teachers from the United States and Jordan, assisted by university and college students as well as King’s Academy graduates.
All i2 Camp course instruction is in English, so participants need to have a solid knowledge of the language. A list of the courses on offer at King's in summer 2020 is shown below:
|Challenges of Engineering||Genetics, DNA & The Human Body||Life Sciences||Robotics & Electronics|
|Week 1 (June 28-July 2)||
|Week 2 (July 5-9)||
|Week 3 (July 12-16)||Crime Scene Investigations||Robotics II: Medicine|
|Week 4 (July 18-23)||Music Engineering (Sound Engineering)||Building a Lunar Colony|
Click here to learn more about each course.
- Campers enroll in one course each week.
- Courses for day students are US $750 (536 JD) per week for the first two weeks, and US $700 (500 JD) per week for the third and fourth week, with a two-week minimum. The weeks do not need to be consecutive.
- Boarding is available any of the four weeks either for seven days per week or for five days per week for an additional fee of US $375 (269 JD) per week for both the seven and five-day options. Boarding students also pay an additional fee of US $300 (215 JD) to cover weekend activities.
- The camp is open to students entering 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th grades.
- Each course has a maximum of 20 campers and two instructors. The team of instructors include an experienced classroom teacher and a university student.
- Classes begin at 09:00 and end at 15:30 each day, with about a 45-minute break for lunch. Classes also will break briefly in mid-morning and mid-afternoon.
- Campers who are boarding will participate in afternoon recreational activities offered to all Summer at King's Academy students. Campers who are not part of the boarding program are offered daily bus transportation to and from points in Amman.
I came back this year because i2 Camp is really fun and challenging, and you get to meet a lot of people. Your knowledge really expands. I want to come back again next year too!
Age 11, Saudi Arabia