As we all learn to navigate this time of uncertainty and rapid change, King’s Academy has been working around the clock to support our students and families impacted by the unexpected disruptions caused by COVID-19.
Our hearts go out to all those affected by this virus. As we wait for life to return to normal, please stay home, stay safe and stay healthy.
See below for general COVID-19 information and messages from the Head of School.
- Can students come to campus to get belongings out of their dorm rooms?
- My child has the school’s student insurance plan. Does the plan still work if they are not on campus?
- How are students still on campus being taken care of?
- What’s going to happen to events scheduled for April, such as prom and the senior camping trip?
- When will online classes begin?
- How can students join their online classes and advisory sessions?
- What if a student has technical difficulties connecting to online classes?
- What if a student doesn’t have internet access at home?
- Will online classes follow the usual daily King’s class schedule?
- Will students need their textbooks and other supplies?
- What happens if a student left their King’s laptop in their dorm room?
- Will teachers be taking class attendance?
- What if a student is in a different time zone to Jordan?
- How will advisory meetings be run?
- Will students be given exams or assessments?
- How will students be able to sit for their AP Exams?