In order to receive a diploma from King's Academy, a student must have fulfilled the graduation requirements. Students are expected to carry a minimum of six courses each semester.
Every King's Academy student who enters as a freshman will take at least:
- Four years of CRLA English (ENG 303/350, ENG 403/450, one seminar course, and one portfolio course)
- Four years of CRLA Arabic
- Four years of Mathematics and Computational Thinking
- At least three years of Physical and Life Sciences
- At least three years of History, Religion and Society (HRS 301, HRS 401, and one junior/senior elective)
- At least one year-long course in Art, Design and Technology
As per the guidelines of the Jordanian Ministry of Education, Jordanian Muslim students are required to take Islamic Studies.
Jordanian Muslim students who hold a second passport may request a waiver from Islamic Studies if and only if they do not want the Tawjihi Equivalency. In case they need the equivalency, then they must take Islamic Studies each academic year at King’s Academy.
For non-Jordanian Muslim students, Islamic Studies might be a requirement at their home country. Therefore, families need to check with the education authorities of their home countries, or their embassies and consulates for Islamic Studies requirements.
For more information, please contact the Office of Academic Affairs.