In order to receive a diploma from King’s Academy, a student must have fulfilled the graduation requirements with at least six credits every year. Follow the link to get familiar with the graduation requirements.
For students entering King’s Academy in their sophomore, junior, or senior years, the graduation requirements are pro-rated and are listed in the curriculum plan.
Every King's Academy student who enters as a freshman will take at least:
- Four credits of CRLA English
- Four credits of CRLA Arabic
- Four credits of Mathematics and Computational Thinking (does not include computer science courses)
- At least three credits of Physical and Life Sciences
- At least two years of History, Religion and Society (HRS 301, HRS 401 are a must)
- At least one credit course in Art, Design and Technology
As per the guidelines of the Jordanian Ministry of Education, Jordanian Muslim students are required to take Islamic Studies. Islamic Studies is offered as half a credit course in 9th and 10th and either 11th or 12th. Students must take Islamic Studies at King’s Academy to obtain their Tawjihi equivalency.
Jordanian Muslim students who hold a second passport may request a waiver from Islamic Studies if and only if they do not want the Tawjihi Equivalency. In case they need the equivalency, then they must take Islamic Studies at King’s Academy. Please communicate directly with the Office of Academic Affairs to request a waiver.
For non-Jordanian students, Islamic Studies might be a requirement at their home country. Therefore, families need to check with the education authorities of their home countries, or their embassies and consulates for Islamic Studies requirements.
For more information, please contact the Office of Academic Affairs.